EOB Academy gives young people access to learn about video game creation and esports from fantastic tutors in great environments - be it online through Discord or at one of our physical locations in Letchworth.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Learning Support Assistant who would be required to support named students subject to an EHCP. We currently run education courses in video game design based in the Letchworth area for KS4 and KS5 as an alternative provider to mainstream education.
Many of our students have additional needs such as ASD but not exclusively and are not suited to attending a mainstream environment for their education but have a passion to learn about gaming and the digital world.
We offer formal qualifications in a more relaxed and fun environment to allow students to learn about gaming as well as achieve a qualification to support their future in further education or the working world.
We require an LSA who has experience in supporting students with ASD and social/emotional needs who have struggled with mainstream schooling and for many this is a last resort for them to attend education in an environment they feel comfortable. Experience supporting SEN students is essential, EHCP named students is desirable.
- Demonstrate experience in supporting students with additional needs to engage in effective learning including but not limited to ASD and social/emotional difficulties
- Has experience of working in an environment where students have additional needs and complete differentiated activities prepared by the tutor and delivered by the LSA;
- Has experience of supporting the social and emotional needs of students including the management of challenging behaviour and promoting positive behaviour for learning; working 1-1 with students on their social and emotional difficulties outside of the classroom; signposting students to other services outside of this course where required
- Can bring creative ideas to the table that based on their own experience; engage learners with the above needs
- Interest in gaming desirable but not essential
- Has experience of carrying out administrative duties such as preparing classroom resources in liaison with the tutor
This list is not exhaustive of responsibilities and required tasks and this is adaptive depending on the individual needs of the centre and the students.
Please click on the apply to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Student Support Coordinator, Learning Support, Support Assistant, Learning Support Worker, LSA, Learning Guidance Advisor, LSW, Learning Support Assistant, Student Support, Learning Advisor, Learner Support, Guidance Advisor, Support Worker, Learning Assistant may also be considered for this role.